Monday, August 4, 2008

A Color of [Her] Own

Click on any picture for a larger view.

Here is a ladybug bag with a color all it's own.

This fashionable carrier bag was designed from a valance and a chenille robe from my friend Connie and her daughter Becca. Connie gave me the valance and then Becca walked by with the lime green robe that matched. I jokingly commented that the greens matched perfectly and VIOLA! the ladybug/chenille bag. A selfless sacrifice. [Editor's note: we really meant it when we warned you about hanging on to your garments!]

The bag is made of cotton chenille and lightweight cotton fabrics. There are three sizes of red gingham and two colors of green gingham. The entire valance was used, so there are 3.5 ladybugs resting on the bag.

Two large pockets inside and a cell pocket outside help with storage.

Embellishments include black satin ribbon on the front flap, polka-dot ribbon on the cell phone pocket as well as lime green and black button accents. This is a lightweight version of our sturdier carrier bags. It would be ideal as a purse or vacation activity bag, but won't do for a laptop or heavy school books.

Bid on this bag by leaving your name and a bid in the comments section. Bidding starts at $25 and increases by whole $s please. Highest bidder at 8am (PDT) on Saturday, August 9th gets the BAG! Postage extra (from Phoenix, AZ). This bag was created by Linda.

About the Bags ~~ FAQs

-

18 comments:

tanya said...

SO cute! $25

Anonymous said...

Linda you are so creative! This is ADORABLE!

26.00

Anonymous said...

I love this bag! Am buying it for my daughter to use as a diaper bag!!

I bid $30

Anonymous said...

I must put a bid on this for Miss Cami. $32

Anonymous said...

I bid $35

Anonymous said...

I bid $36.

Anonymous said...

And I bid 37.00!

Anonymous said...

I bid $40.

Anonymous said...

I bid $42.

Anonymous said...

45.00

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't bid more than my age.

Anonymous said...

Jill, you still got like $5 to go........

(this is SOOOO anonymous)

Anonymous said...

We called my daughter Buggee when she was a baby and her room was decorated with Ladybugs. Now she is having a baby girl in 6 weeks. This is the perfect diaper bag for her.
I bid $50

Anonymous said...

well, I want my house coat back :) so I am bidding $55! Becc from California, conniewoman is my mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry about not letting you have your housecoat back Becc but this bag is perfect for my new granddaughter!
$60 is my new offer.

Jennie C. said...

Valorie - you are the highest bidder! If you haven't already, please email BagsForZaza@gmail.com to arrange payment and shipping/pickup.

Anonymous said...

Valorie, I completely understand! I hope she enjoys it and it was worth the sacrifice to get ZaZa home...ok, Auntie Linda, make another one!

Anonymous said...

I spoke to Linda and am sending a check today. The baby shower is in two weeks so the timing is perfect! Thanks so much!