Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sabbatical, but...

Hi All,

Sorry to take so long to update y'all. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. I've decided to take a break from BFZ. I'm calling it a sabbatical. My family needs me right now. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but I'm definitely not giving it up all together. I still have tons of donated fabric to deal with (unfortunately it's spread all over my house still) and I've really loved this project.

But, the good news is that Linda and Grace would like to keep sewing. Our little Columbian Zaza still isn't home and there are still some expenses that need taking care of. So stay tuned...

What about Jenn V? Well, she's mostly sleeping these days. I guess that's what a li'l cupcake in the oven does to you. Yes ma'am, you heard right - she's expecting her first child. In between sleeping and getting ready for the new baby, she's not sure how much sewing she'll get done, but I suspect that we haven't seen the last of her.

If you want to be contacted when new bags are available, just follow the "Stay in Touch" instructions over in the right column.

5 comments:

Stephenson said...

We all have our seasons of rest. You enjoy your time now and tend to that beautiful family of yours. Thanks for all you do. See ya soon, LaVonna

Anonymous said...

Mom has a FABULOUS hot pink and lime green bag coming. I always say her latest is my favorite, but I think this one truly is.

And I'm deciding what to work on... oriental? denim? shabby chic? classy country? so much fabric.. so little time.

Stay tuned faithful BFZ girls.

joyce said...

oh man. A wee baby?!
I was coming over here to live vicariously through you, feeling like a Joyce without a bag blog is just a bag... er... Just a JOyce. Feel a little weirdish not having that blog going on right now.

Maybe we are of one mind. Last night I dreamed that I was pregnant. Weird. I'm so not. And here we are both on furlow...

Congrats on your hard work. God bless.

Jennie C. said...

Thanks Joyce and LaVonna.

Just to clarify - Jenn V has the wee baby in her tummy and I'm Jennie C - the tired one and author of this blog. Not sure if that was confusing.

Word verification: REEPUNT!
What is *that* all about?

Jillybean said...

REEPUNT: "If at first you don't succeed, try try again..."

There you have it. I just made it up, but it sounds good, doesn't it??!