Monday, June 16, 2008

SOLD: A Swiftly Tilting Planet

Click on any picture for a larger view.


I couldn't find a book called Seventies Living Room, which is what I really wanted to name this bag, but I imagine the Murry's living room might look something like this.


I scored the orange, gold and brown print (complete with a tilting globe of planet earth) at a thrift shop.


The upholstery pieces that make up the sides, bottom and flap of the bag came from a friend's stash of samples. The cream corduroy straps are also from that helpful gal's stash.


A bit of rust wool from my great aunt and some brown corduroy from my mom's pirate costume finish off the exterior of this bag.


Lined with a coordinating sheet from the 70's and some bits of this and that. Two inside pockets, an inside divider and a side pocket for cell phone or sunglasses.
~~
This bags is located in British Columbia.
~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want! Not only do I love all those lurid 70s patterns, but I love Madeleine L'Engle and A Swiftly Tilting Planet is one of my favorite books!