Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Peony Place

Peony Place was created by Grace and is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Click on any picture for a larger view.

Bid on this bag by leaving your name and a bid in the comments section. Bidding starts at $35 and increases by whole $s please. Highest bidder at 8pm on Tue, July 21 gets the BAG! Postage extra.

This week I called the bag Peony Place which the name of the designer fabric. Peony Place is a rich bag constructed with designer fabric samples averaging over $75 per yd. Thanks to my friend Cheryl being at the right place at the right time when they were offered to anyone who could use them! She thought of me and Bags for Zaza!

It is comprised of neutral colors to wear with many outfits. The flap has an off-white 100% floral embossed cotton fabric and a black and white cotton fabric with gold butterflies and white peony’s. I added gold braid for an elegant touch.

The back has the black floral fabric and a silk and cotton blend material with raised polka dots for the double pocket. I decorated the pocket with a silk striped fabric and a vintage off-white button.

Don't forget to click on each picture to see the fabulous textures up close.



I used the above three fabrics on the under flap making sure I put one of the cute butterflies where it shows. The front of the bag is the black floral, the off-white and I found a striped raised fabric that had the same colors for the center of the pocket. I topped it with gold and off-white silk and a vintage button.




The side or cell pocket is black floral with a gold silk border which I used my new sewing machine embroidery stitch for the delicate leaf pattern.

I also decorated the straps with the same gold silk and leaf pattern and used the sturdy polka dot fabric lined with black for the main part of the strap. It measures 42” and is all one piece.



The inside of the bag has a large double pocket made with a designer chenille polka dot fabric. I topped it with silk and a black ribbon. I love the black vintage button I found to secure the top of the pocket. The back lining is heavy off-white cotton topped with black and I had fun using a decorative stitch to add interest.

The bag measures 12 ½ X 11 X 3 inches.

About the Bags ~ FAQs ~ How to Bid

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this bag up close and personal yesterday. The extra decorative stitching is fabulous. CLick the pictures bigger so you can see it!
Beautiful work, Mom (as always!)
~ Zaza's Mama

Anonymous said...

You are incredibly talented! Your attention to detail & finishing is simply outstanding! Absolutely beautiful bag. Exceedingly well done.
J.A.

Anonymous said...

I will start the bid at $35

Jaydeezed - Alberta

Anonymous said...

peony place bid $50.00
vy rober
Puyallup, Wa.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Vy for your support. Hopefully our little Zaza will be here this year!! I'm sure you're enjoying your beautiful patio and yard. We're thankful for our pool and air conditioning. Love, Grace