Monday, March 23, 2009

Almanzo

Bid on this bag by leaving your name and a bid in the comments section. Or please the regular ol' chatty kind of comments, too! Bidding starts at $25 and increases by whole $s please. Highest bidder at NOON (PDT/MST) on Friday , March 27th gets the BAG! Postage extra. All proceeds go towards Zaza's adoption.

About the Bags ~ FAQs ~ How to Bid


Almanzo was created by Jennie C. and is located in Abbotsford, BC.
Click on any picture for a larger view.

This bag isn't named after the book - it's named after the character in the book. Almanzo was a man's man, but also someone the ladies could swoon over. And this is a uni-sex bag, so I needed a name that appealed to all.

The flap features my version of the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, recycle! Just like Almanzo, the pioneer, did!

Thank you Cyrus and Ali for a fantastic modeling job!

Almanzo is my standard messenger bag, except the strap is extra long (52"_ and it's also knotless. If you'd like it shortened, let me know. I work in a mall that also has a university satellite campus; the kids seem to wear their bags super long.

The bag has two back pockets, one side pocket (with ziggy stitching), and two inside pockets -- plus a little inside pen pocket.

Sturdy blue denim from Mystery Pete.

Black faux suede (flap) from Melanie G.

Black and white plaid (straps and pocket lining) from a thrift store.

Blue Cotton (lining) from Leah R.

Scraps from Nancy B, Kera B, and Leah R.






P.S. And here's what's up at my house! So proud of my boy ... patiently sewing the emblem on his super hero cape! If the boy wants a cape - he must learn to sew!

He's currently into designing super hero costumes. He has a list of about 18 different heroes that he can switch into, based on the costume materials at hand!

P.P.S. Bathing suit shopping went alright. Ruching is good stuff! It covers all sorts of flaws - not that I have any - oh no :). But how come there isn't one bathing suit with everything right? If it finally provides good coverage on the backside, then there are decollette issues! I had to do some modifications, but now I'm finally ready for some splishin' and some splashin'!

P.P.P.S. That's all, you can bid now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool cape, Willy! What is the name for the hero who wears the mask on the S???

JayP said...

Great Bag. I'll up the bid to $35

Beth said...

Very nice bag and great cape William! and what about pictures of the bathing suit Jennie?? Haha, jk
Beth N.

Gratis said...

I just realized you must be the lady that handed me her "card" at our United Way craft fair last year. If we have it again, you must have a table of bags!

-supergirl

Anonymous said...

Love the bag and your cool zigzag stitching.

James use to love to have me create costumes for him. making the masks was tricky. If your son comes up with an easy way, let us know.

The S stands for the Stephensons...ha.ha.ha.

Jennie C. said...

Linda and Beth - Wills appreciated the compliments. "S" is just a versatile letter, so we went with it.

Lavonna - his mask is just a strip of polar fleece with eye holes. That's as complicated as I get.

Supergirl - the SFU craft fair? Did the background for this bag give it away? :) We'll have to keep the craft fair in mind.

JayP said...

You guys are all just hanging in the shadows....just waiting to pounce and snatch my bag right at noon tomorrow while I'm hard at work ...aren't ya....yup I know. Stop lurking and show your bids now!!! lol lol

joyce said...

I really love that recycle symbol.