Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Grace for the Moment #2

Grace for the Moment #2 was created by Grace and is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Click on any picture for a larger view.

Bid on this bag by leaving your name and a bid in the comments section. Bidding starts at $25 and increases by whole $s please. Highest bidder at 9pm (PST) / 10pm (MST) on Saturday, March 7th gets the BAG! Postage extra.

Grace for the Moment #2 is made from one of the fabulous fabrics (over $100 per yd) donated by Cheryl – Thanks! It is from Belgium and is called Symphony - Blue Agate. It is 70% viscose and 30% cotton and has a raised pile in a zigzag design.

The flap features a braid bow in coordinating colors, on brown velvet with the top in blue and brown fabric. The front is the main fabric with a pocket trimmed with braid and is made of a contrasting striped fabric.

The back of the bag is brown, heavy cotton and has a triple pocket of the main fabric, topped in brown velvet with a daisy patterned fabric for added interest. The sides, bottom and under strap are brown cotton. I top stitched in blue for a fun contrast.

I used pieces of all the fabrics on the strap to tie it all together. The strap measures 48 ½”, a little longer than usual, and is all one piece – no knot.

I had fun sewing the lining using the striped fabric on the diagonal on the under flap and pieces of brown, daisy patterned cotton blend with a striped piece in between. The four pockets in the lining are fuller than the usual pockets for easier access. The pockets are a sturdy striped cotton topped with daisies.

The bag measures 13" x 11" x 2½", a little smaller than our regular bag.

Editor's Note: The attention to detail in this bag is amazing. Exquisite work Grace!

15 comments:

Darla said...

I love it . .I'm going to look great
carrying this around . . . Miss Grace
I know you made it just for me
didn't you? . . . . .
.$25

Anonymous said...

Hi Darla: Glad you like it. Thanks so much for your support. Looks like I made it just for you!!! Love, Grace

Anonymous said...

$27.00- Coral from Canada. Maybe not,...Maybe north of your border this time?? We shall see. :) Sorry Darla but I still haven't got one for me yet.

Darla said...

$30 didn't you see Ms. Grace made it just for me. . . . .

chuch said...

$32.

Alana

cleo said...

I think you are all wrong and the bag is perfect for me!!! Great job and it is just what I wanted.$35

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, this is getting exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jillybean: I wondered where you were hiding this week!!! Hi to Coral too -- sorry about all that snow. Grace

Darla said...

Miss. Grace these girls are picking on me . . . . .

$40

Anonymous said...

I wanna have fun too!

And I LOVE Zaza!

$50.00

~Kristy F.

Anonymous said...

Darla is playing the "whoas me" card. Won't work. All these ladies are rolling up their sleeves to win this pretty Zaza bag!

Hi Grace!!

Anonymous said...

Kristy! How are you and your family? What's up with your adoption????

Darla said...

Ok Ok you have totally hit it out of the ball park
for me on this bag.

You haven't heard the last of my (whining) hee/hee

I"LL BE BACK

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! We are well. I am in the middle of writing you an e-mail..er..maybe a book!.. of our last couple of months! I can't believe it has been that long. Oh where does time go?

Love to see the bags up and doing good!
~Kristy

Ranavan said...

I have been away on holidays and I just wanted to say how sorry I am I missed out on this bag - it is gorgeous!