Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Tangled Web

A Tangled Web was created by Jennie C. and is located in Abbotsford, BC.
Click on any picture for a larger view.

Bid on this bag by leaving your name and a bid in the comments section. Bidding starts at $25 and increases by whole $s please. Highest bidder at 8pm (pacific) on Monday, May 4th gets the BAG! Postage extra.

I can't stop making these Reduce-Reuse-Recycle bags! This one is quite The Tangled Web of colours and patterns. The purples are really very purple and the pinks are very pink and the turquoise is very turquoise. The inside pictures show the colour the best.

And the purple corduroy is tres yummy and fuzzy.

This our standard size messenger bag. It features two back pockets, one side pocket, and two inside pockets.





The straps are 49" at their longest, but can be shortened up by tying the knot differently (as I show in the second picture.

Denim (flap and exterior pockets) from my original stash

Purple Corduroy (exterior bag) from Nancy B

Floral Prints (decorations and inside pocket) from Nancy B, Susan F, and a thrift store


Dark Blue Cotton Blend (straps) from my original stash

Turquoise Cotton Blend (lining for straps, flap, and body) from ... oh, give me a break - I remembered all the others. :)

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't beleive that no one has bid on tjis bag yet!
$25

Jennie C. said...

They knew it had your name on it Elizabeth!

LaVonna said...

This is one groovy bag! You are so clever Jennie.

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful eco-art from fabric scraps & remnants...lovely!
J.A.

Canadian Kristin said...

Oooooooh, I'd love to see a world/globe with all the different continents in different fabrics.... how I envy you girls your sewing skill!!! And that you obviously have FUN doing it, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the globe idea. That would look cool.. and go with the eco-friendly idea.

Jennie can you do a centipede with 100 feet wearing tennis shoes?

Jennie C. said...

I'm certain that I *could* make a centipede, but it's highly unlikely that it will actually occur. :)

As for the globe ... how many continents are there? Is Australia still a continent? The kids seem to be calling it something different these days.

And how 'bout that poor Pluto.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the globe would be cool with a blue ball and then your wild fabrics for North and South America. Just thinking online.

Elizabeth said...

Hey, just checkin' to see if there was any competition yet =)
Saw that there was 8 comments and I wondered what I was up against. I figure I'll forget to check it tomorrow and someone will get it rigt out from under my nose. Any thing appliquayed [sp?] is really neat. I like the earth/conitnent idea.

Jennie C. said...

Elizabeth - you are the highest bidder! If you haven't already, please email BagsForZaza@gmail.com within 1 week to arrange payment and shipping/pickup.